Religious Spots of RatnagiriRatnagiri, a port city in Maharastra, India is well known for its unique and fascinating tourist destinations. For a person who enjoys visiting religious sites, Ratnagiri is an ideal destination. The religious sites of Ratnagiri will not only bring peace to the mind of a person muddled in this chaotic world but will also enthrall him with their beauty. Here is an overview of some of the most remarkable religious spots in Ratnagiri:
- Swayambhu Ganapatiphule Temple - The Swayambhu Ganapatiphule temple is located on the beautiful Ganapatiphule beach. This temple constructed more than 400 years ago will enchant you with its beauty and serenity.
- Marleshwar Temple - Located in a rock cave in the Sahayadri hills, the Marleshwar temple is an amazing site. Apart from its unique location, another interesting feature of this place also known as Cave Shiva Temple is that the devotees fondle with poisonous snakes and are not harmed. Every year this temple is visited by a myriad of devotees. This place will not only enchant you with its beauty but will also reaffirm your faith in the almighty.
- Lakshmi Keshav Temple - This temple is located in Kolisare village. It is surrounded by captivating green valleys. Idols of Keshav and Lakshmi are installed inside the temple. The idol of Keshav is of large size whereas the idol of Lakshmi is very small. Both the idols are dressed elegantly and are adorned with flowers. Both these idols have been carved artistically from black stone. You will also find the rare Nagchafa tree in close proximity to this temple.
- Parshuram Temple - This temple was constructed by Maharshi Brahmendra in 1685. Located in Parshuram village, this temple is dedicated to Lord Parshuram, a popular character of Hindu mythology who is considered as the sixth incarnation of Lord Vishnu. According to stories of Hindu mythology, Lord Parshuram stayed at this place which was known as Mahendergiri at that time. Other main features of this temple are a small pond named Banganga, a beautiful garden and a Hanuman temple inside its premises.
- Babar Shah Peer - This is a Muslim Saint Shrine located in Hatis village of Ratnagiri. Thousands of Hindu and Muslim devotees visit this shrine to pay tribute to Babar Shah Peer who is also known as the King of Ratnagiri.
- Sayyad Zahid Ali Shah Qadri - This is a popular shrine of a Muslim saint located in Chanderai Village of Ratnagiri. Sayyad Zahid Ali Shah Qadri was the descendant of famous Baghdad saint Abdul-Qadir Gilani. He was well known for his pious teachings and miracles.
- Shaikh Ali Baba - A Muslim Saint Shrine is a fascinating tourist destination because of its location in water. It is situated in the waters of Purnagar village and Gaokhadi village of Ratnagiri. Hundred devotees of different religions walk in water daily to pay homage to the great saint.
- Atulit Bal Dham - It is a holy place managed by Sadguru Shree Aniruddha Upasana Trust. Panchamukhi Hanuman is the chief god worshipped in this Dham. Thousands of people visit this place for attaining mental and spiritual peace.
- Ganga of Rajapur - The "Ganga of Rajapur" is a unique natural
phenomenon created by a syphon from a closely located mountain. After a
duration of three years, fourteen small pools of water of varying
temperatures seprated from each other by a small distance of 3ft are
formed. According to a legend, the holy Ganga Mata visits this place to
please her devotees.
- Velneshwar - Located at a distance
of 170 km from Ratnagiri is the Velneshwar beach which is famous for its
tranquillity, splendor and an old Shiva temple. This temple is visited
by a myriad of devoted followers of Lord Shiva every year. Another
unique characteristic is this beach is that there are no rocks which
makes it possible for tourists to swim.
- Shri Dev Vyadeshwar - It is an ancient Shiva temple located at Guhagar in the Ratnagiri district of Maharashtra. Shiva is considered to be the family god of the Chitpavan families of Ratnagiri. This temple is constructed in the Panchayatan style in which the main shrine is located in the center of the podium and the four subordinate shrines are on the four corners. Here the main shrine is of Shri Vyadeshwar or Lord Shiva and the remaining four shrines are of The Sun, Shri Ganesh, Shri Parvati and Shri Vishnu along with goddess Lakshmi. The statue of Nandi is established in front of the main shrine. The temple has three entrances on the east, west and south side. On the eastern entrance there are statues of Garud and Maruti.
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 0